Friday, 16 May 2014

All that glitters

The second CCC3 challenge is to use Distress Glitter, the technique for which us on page 56 of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities 3.

Now I am soooo not a glitter girl. I bought a few jars some months ago and other than using the rock candy one for a tag I made for Creative Chemistry 102, they remained unopened. So, I considered not  entering this challenge, but then I thought that perhaps I should push myself to do something new.

So here it is. The outside frame, middle of the largest flower and the small flower all have distress glitter on them. I used Vintage Photo on  the frame,  Mustard Seed for the flowers and Rock Candy on the butterfly. The finished thing is different to anything I have done before. I think I like it, but I  still am not sure that glitter is something I will use regularly because I seem to get it EVERYWHERE,  but it is good to have tried something new!



This week's challenge is being sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique. They stock brilliant embellishments. I don't usually buy from shops in the U.S. Because of postage costs, but I think I may well make an exception here, because I love so many things that I have not seen available here in the U.K. Also, Linda, who owns the boutique, is the most brilliant artist. I get her blog updates by email and I really anticipate their arrival and I am regularly stunned and amazed at her talent.