Sunday, 11 May 2014

Dragonfly, oh my!

I have coverted this stamp ever since I saw on a tag I pinned on Pinterest some time last year. When I finally bought it, I was really disappointed as it was too big to use in its entirety on the size tags that I use. So when I was given a pile of 6x6 squares of MDF the very first thing I made was this.

The background is Metallic Gold Dreamweaver embossing paste which I covered with a layer of  Dreamweaver crackle embossing paste. The gold script was stamped with Russet Archival Ink. The flowers were coloured using Broken China and Tea Dye Distress Inks and their edges were inked with Vintage Photo. For  the dragonfly I used Antique Linen stain and Vintage Photo ink. I added a tiny bit of broken China distress marker, which I then misted. Finally, I used one of Tim Holtz's word bands which I tied around the plaque with string. I covered the word band with Broken China Distress Paint, which I then wiped off using a baby wipe, so it only remained in the engraved words.

This is also going to be entered into the Imagination Crafts Challenge which is to produce something with wings.