Sunday 11 May 2014

Trying something new

I am still trying to find my own style although most of what I do seems to involve something either in the style of Tim Holtz or using his products. Nothing wrong with that as the man is a genius, but I worry sometimes that I don't have the creativity to be original in what I do. 

A few months ago I saw a video in which Tim (at least I think it was him) used black, white and evergreen bough together and I though that the colour combination was wonderful At the time I was also playing around with gesso and embossing pastes and so I decided to make something totally different. I made a tag which comprised only of those 3 colours using corrugated papers, pages from old books, handmade flowers, crackle glass, gesso and embossing paste. It was really grungy and was promptly stolen from me by my daughter  Sarah who is gathering quite a collection of my tags etc.

When I started playing with the MDF plaques I remembered that tag and thought I would do something similar, but this time keep hidden away from Sarah's eyes.

So here it is - something completely different from my usual style, but lots of fun to make and I really like the effect.

This one is being posted on the Crafty Catz challenge blog, which has the theme of black, white and one other colour. 



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Jackie love the colour's thank you for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete